The St. Paul Tennis Club is a private, neighborhood club that was founded in 1912. 292 worked with club membership to design a new, contemporary clubhouse that retained the quiet, understated presence and spirit of their original facility.
The resulting, new facility includes a 25-yard pool; tennis courts; a clubhouse with community meeting space and a rooftop deck; and a bathhouse with lockers, toilets and showers. The scale of the clubhouse is such that the building blends into the surrounding residential neighborhood. Quiet outdoor spaces, which are so important to the membership, were created near the building’s main entry and community room.